This post is the second in my series describing how i migrated from Unraid to Napp-It, and describes how I prepared for migration.
So – preparing for migration…
- First, i wanted to capture the docker configuration for each of my existing containers. To do this, I forced the container to update, then when unraid presented me with the “success” screen, I captured the
docker runcommand, like this (which captures the RUN command for my CUPS container with Google Print extensions):
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="cups-google-print" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="UTC" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "CUPS_USER_ADMIN"="admin" -e "CUPS_USER_PASSWORD"="pass" -e "TCP_PORT_631"="631" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/cups-google-print":"/config":rw -v /dev:/dev -v /etc/avahi/services:/avahi -v /var/run/dbus:/var/run/dbus mnbf9rca/cups-google-print
- Next, I found two old 2TB disks to copy my data on to – personally, I’m not concerned about losing the data, but if you are, this is going to be a blocker for you. Anyway, I added these to my server, and they were assigned device names sdd and sde.
- i installed the unraid unassigned devices plugin.
- I stopped the array then moved my 4TB device to “unassigned” and mounted it.
- Then i connected via SSH and created two new folders called “SDD” and “SDE” (to match the device names) and moved the content so there was less than 2DB in each 2TB in each:
root@fs:~# cd /mnt/disks/WDC_WD40EFRX_68WT0N0_WD_WCC4E3AN2Y99 root@fs:/mnt/disks/WDC_WD40EFRX_68WT0N0_WD_WCC4E3AN2Y99# mkdir sdd root@fs:/mnt/disks/WDC_WD40EFRX_68WT0N0_WD_WCC4E3AN2Y99# mkdir sde root@fs:/mnt/disks/WDC_WD40EFRX_68WT0N0_WD_WCC4E3AN2Y99# mv sdd root@fs:/mnt/disks/WDC_WD40EFRX_68WT0N0_WD_WCC4E3AN2Y99# mv sde
… and eventually i had them roughly balanced…
root@fs:/mnt/disks/WDC_WD40EFRX_68WT0N0_WD_WCC4E3AN2Y99# du -sh sd* 1.8T sdd 1.7T sde root@fs:/mnt/disks/WDC_WD40EFRX_68WT0N0_WD_WCC4E3AN2Y99#
- i used rsync to move the data from the old 4TB disk to the new one:
rsync -idIWpEAXogtlr --remove-source-files --numeric-ids --inplace /mnt/disks/WDC_WD40EFRX_68WT0N0_WD_WCC4E3AN2Y99/sdd/ /mnt/disks/WDC_WD20EARS_00MVWB0_WD_WCAZA4636167
- physically removed the 2x2TB drives and put them somewhere safe, so that i didn’t accidentally erase them.
Now i was ready to move to the next step, installing my new OS host – VMWare.